Business Analyst with a strong Asset and investment background is required by a major Asset Manager who is in the process of integrating with another Asset Manager. They require a consultant who has worked on one of the major integration programmes over the last 5-10 years (eg Aberdeen Asset Management & Standard Life Investments, Aberdeen Asset Management & Scottish Widows, Franklin Templeton & Legg Mason, Jupiter & Merian etc.), where they have sat in between the two business gather details on key processes and operational functions and then producing documentation and presentations for decision makers to use to facilitate strategy, as well as assess operating differences and technology platforms.
This role is Inside IR35
- Gather details on key processes and operational functions across the business, produce effective documentation and presentations to articulate findings and facilitate decisions
- Assess operating differences between business, and also key technology platforms (notably Aladdin and SimCorp Dimension)
- Analyse data and interfaces to determine how information can be shared and integrated into the client platforms
- Work collaboratively across business, operations and IT workstreams spanning the Asset Management business.
- Work in an agile environment, developing items on the backlog to ensure they have achieved Definition of Ready
- Prepare, review and syndicate materials required by the central Integration office as part of the firmwide implementation process
- Articulated analysis of integration challenges using documents and presentations
- Develop SME capability in key areas of business operations and integration efforts – and become the go-to individual for insights and understanding
- 5+ years of experience in functional analysis in the Asset Management domain
- Ideally, you will have experience working with Aladdin or SimCorp Dimension
- Good understanding of business operations in one or several of the following key areas:
- Portfolio Accounting
- Corporate Actions
- Collateral and Margining
- Investment Performance
- Product Management and Factsheet creation
- SWIFT message interchange
- Experience working with solution delivery teams utilising agile methodologies
- Experience working with multi-location teams, multiple business partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships across a global organization, build trust and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Aptitude for technology.